Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter 1: In Which I Introduce Myself to a Small Audience Called the Internet

Hello Wonderful Blogging World,

My name is Lauren and I now have a blog too. So now we can hang out, and I can share all of my crafting adventures with you! Allow me to introduce myself:

I will start teaching full-time in August, a philosophy and religion class. Yeah, it's going to be pretty intense. My current goal is to get in as many Star Wars references as possible.

I like Star Wars.

I was a Lit. major in college, and having just finished graduate school, I still find myself looking forward to the day when I can read for fun.

If that day ever comes, I would read detective stories.

I lived in Ireland for 8 months while I was in grad school. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Now I have returned to my American Southern roots, and it feels good to be back where people say “y'all,” “God bless,” and “warsh.”

I love to sew, bake, crochet, and generally enjoy the domestic arts. I am a big believer in being able to become self-sufficient. Take nothing for granted when it comes to your security, and always know how to take care of yourself, financially and physically.

That reminds me of how I should work out more, but I'm on Thesis Diet.

I am currently writing my dissertation for my Masters (due September 1st) so I'm hoping this blog will be a nice outlet for creative writing, after so much academia.

Thesis Diet consists of much staring at the computer, moving only your hands, eating lots of crackers, and sitting around a lot.

Future goals include a road-trip across America. I have seen neither coast, though I did get to go to San Diego for Comic-Con, but let's face it: I was inside the convention center the entire time.

In the next few years I hope to buy a house with my husband that has some land attached to it and learn how to garden, can, and make yummy jams!

My husband and I just moved to a new city and are excited about making connections and learning where all the free stuff is.

I basically have the best family ever.



I hope you return to this blog and find some pretty pictures and crafty adventures to enjoy! I'm excited to meet you and experience the blogging world first hand. 

Lauren

5 comments:

  1. So a few things:
    1) "warsh" is NOT southern, how dare you -_-

    b) your spelling is too good to belong to the south

    iii) I can't wait til you can garden and make delicious jam that I get to test and enjoy :D

    I look forward to your imminent blogging adventures, and I'm glad you've potentially found a creative outlet :D

    P.s.
    Also, LOL at you moving to a "new city" XD

    LET THE BLOGGING COMMENCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I wish my teacher(s) had made more Star Wars references, I might have paid attention more. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren K Knetzer Kopf, I miss you wholeheartedly. I know your middle name doesn't start with a "K" but it works right? Your blog is fantastic, and I've lived vicariously through all your excellent Ireland pictures. Excellent work on the chair by the way, your pursuit of the "domestic arts" (best description ever) is truly inspiring. Love you! <3 Rachel Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would you namea friend something with 3 K's in it though :/ kind of awkward

    ReplyDelete